VISION AND MISSION
To be a leading Institution driving the frontiers of knowledge anchored on the values of excellence, service and faith.
To prepare graduates who are adequately and holistically empowered and equipped to serve God and humanity.
The philosophy of Clifford University is anchored on holistic, harmonious education through the integration of faith and learning for the redemption and restoration of humans. The University shall achieve this by promoting the principles of equity and justice, creating an atmosphere of peaceful coexistence and scholarship, and promoting excellence by advancing knowledge through high quality teaching and research activities. The University shall develop and prepare its students intellectually, occupationally, aesthetically, physically, socially and spiritually.
The law establishing Clifford University has outlined its objectives aimed at meeting its vision and mission. The objectives of Clifford University are to:
- Be a centre of academic excellence committed to the achievement of accelerated development based on Christian values and principles;
- Promote the fear of God, through education and information dissemination;
- Promote international cooperation through linkages in pursuit of research, staff and student exchanges;
- Encourage the advancement of learning and to hold out to all persons without distinction of race, creed, sex or political conviction the opportunity of acquiring a higher and liberal education;
- Provide courses of instruction and other facilities for the pursuit of learning in all its branches, and to make those facilities available on proper terms to such persons as are equipped to benefit from them;
- Encourage and promote scholarship and conduct research in all fields of learning and human endeavour;
- Relate its activities to the social, cultural and economic needs of the people of Nigeria;
- Establish a centre for entrepreneurial studies to stimulate job creation and innovative abilities in students from onset of their studies, in such a way that graduates shall be resourceful, self- reliant and job creators; and
- Undertake any other activities appropriate for a university of the highest standard.